Stress free from A to B
Moving home can be exciting but stressful. At Lyons Removals and Storage we make the process stress free with our seamless approach to getting you and your belongings from A to B. Our experienced and trained removals team are polite, professional and conscientious when it comes to handling your personal belongings. Which means you can relax and look forward to moving into your new home.
Arranging a move could not be easier
You can request a removal service over the phone or by filling out our easy to use online contact form.
We just need a bit of information regarding the type of property you are moving from and into. Then one of our removal specialists will provide you with a FREE no obligation quotation and details on how to book your removal with the North West’s Number one removal team.
Tips for moving home
When calling for a quote, an appointment will be made to view the property with one of our experienced Removal Assessors. You will then be sent a competitively priced removal quotation outlining your removal plan in detail. We aim to take the stress out of moving house and you will also have the peace of mind that Lyons Removals is governed by the Removal Ombudsman scheme.
- Confirm date of move with your removal company. If the date changes - which can happen, particularly where a chain is involved - remember to let your removal company know as soon as possible
- Clearly label items NOT to be packed. Otherwise you might find them boxed up when you need them.
- Purchase packing materials such as boxes and tape from your removal company, if required.
- If you’re not using a packing service make sure that everything is packed securely and clearly marked. This will make unpacking at the other end much quicker.
- Car: DVLA
- Utilities: Inform gas, water and electricity companies of your new address and provide final meter readings
- Financial: Banks, building societies, credit card/store card companies, premium bonds, share companies, pensions/insurance policies
- Benefit agencies: DSS, Child Benefits, Pensions
- Leave instructions for new owners
- Ensure owners of your new home leave operating instructions of the alarm for you
- Arrange to have any carpets cleaned
- Check cupboards and draws are empty
- Arrange for cleaning company to do a final clean
- Assemble all documents that you will need during and shortly after the move
- Make sure to have passports and driving license in your possession
- It’s always helpful - and appreciated - to leave a folder of relevant documents behind for new home owners, such as warranties for white goods you are leaving, operating instructions etc.
- Arrange with family and friends or a local kennels or cattery to look after your pets on removal day to avoid causing them any stress
- Purchase pet carries if required
An award winning service
When you choose Lyons Removals and Storage you are choosing a team with over 40 years of experience and countless awards. We have been named winners of The National Guild Excellence award 9 years running and the presented with the prestigious Elite Honours Award In removals and Storers. All guaranteeing you an exceptional service from contact to completion.
Packing a lifetime’s worth of belongings can be a long and daunting process. Not with the Lyons Removals & Storage packing service. Our fully insured team can arrange to pack your belongings prior to your removal date ready for them to be shipped safely when the BIG day comes. We also provide packing cartons for owner packing if you want to efficiently pack your belongings yourself. Either way, your belongings are in good hands.